Jisc and RLUK One Day Workshop
To coincide with the release of the Jisc, RLUK and Ithaka S+R Academic Survey Report, Jisc and RLUK are holding a one day workshop to:
- Outline the changing practices, behaviours and expectations of academics in the UK,
- Explore the implications for libraries and institutional support services,
- Identify the challenges for libraries and support services and potential opportunities.
Background to the survey
In 2012, a partnership between Jisc, RLUK and Ithaka S+R, ran a survey of UK academics examining the changing practices and behaviours of academics and thestrategic implications for libraries and other support services.
The survey focused on four primary areas:
- Research Processes: How researchers undertake their research
- Teaching Practices: The teaching methods used by faculty, as well as the content and support they draw upon;
- Scholarly Communications: The formal, and informal, methods by which researchers communicate with each other;
- The Library: How the role(s) and value of the library is perceived by academics.
The survey report and its findings promise to be a rich source of data and intelligence about the changing practice of academics and the changing information and scholarly communications landscape.
What you will get out of this event
This workshop is an opportunity to find out more about the findings of the survey, and the changing needs and requirements of researchers.
In addition to the final report, the workshop will also provide delegates with an opportunity to articulate the challenges for libraries and explore the potential of new and redesigned services and support.
A full programme of the event will be made available shortly.
This event will be of interest to senior stakeholders within institutional libraries and support services, including:
- Library directors
- Senior library staff
- Senior Research Support staff
- Senior institutional managers
- Publishers and Learned Societies
- Research funders
Confirmed speakers include:
- Rachel Bruce , Innovation Director, Digital Infrastructure, Jisc
- David Prosser , Executive Director, RLUK
- Roger Schonfeld , Program Director, Libraries, Users, and Scholarly Practices, Ithaka S+R Booking.
This event is free to attend, however pre-registration is required. Please visit the JISC site to register. Registration will close on Friday, 10 May 2013.