Marketing Your Digital Resources and Sites
A Workshop at ALA Midwinter
Join Kimberly Lutz and Roger Schonfeld for a workshop on “Marketing Your Digital Resources and Sites” at ALA Midwinter on Sunday, January 10, from 9:00 am-noon.
You successfully created a comprehensive digital resource, launched a phenomenal e-journal, or built a robust institutional repository. Now the real work begins! You need to make sure the resource is used and supported by its target community.
This workshop will provide you with tips and techniques to successfully drive discovery of your resource and market it to your primary and secondary audiences. In this half-day session, we will cover:
- Writing an impact statement
- Identifying your audience
- Creating a marketing and outreach plan
- Grassroots marketing techniques
- Leveraging social media
- The basics of optimizing a website for discoverability
This workshop is intended for individuals responsible for:
- Digital resources created by library
- Institutional repositories
- Library-published journals
- Library’s website / content platform / discovery service
Registration for this event is now open through Eventbrite.
Location: ALA Midwinter, Boston, Seaport Hotel, Seaport C Room
Date and time: Sunday, January 10, from 9:00am-noon
Registration fee: $125* and $250
*Please note, the discounted rate is available to librarians at institutions that have either run the Ithaka S+R local surveys or have used our consulting services.
Please contact Kimberly Lutz at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about registering.