Breaking Boundaries: Is Open Access Truly Open to All?
Karger in Conversation
Ithaka S+R’s Roger Schonfeld will participate in a thought-provoking panel discussion that aims to critically examine whether open access, despite its advancements, is only halfway towards achieving its goals.
By exploring how knowledge can be both accessible an understandable beyond academic spheres, the panel hopes to initiate a dialogue that will shape the next steps in the open access and open science movement.
The webinar will also address topics including:
- Assessing the extent to which open access reaches diverse global audiences.
- Strategies to make scientific concepts understandable to non-specialists.
- Spotlighting successful initiatives to translate and disseminate research for broader understanding.
- Examining how funding agencies, policymakers, and researchers contribute to public accessibility.
- Evaluating the impact of open access on communication in medical research and its alignment with healthcare engagement goals.
Panelists include Prof. Nicholas Dirks, Roger Schonfeld, Dr. Beth Montague-Hellen and Dr. Sarah Wettstadt.
Register to attend the panel on March 22 at 9:00 – 10:30 am ET.