Roger Schonfeld at the SSP Micro-Conference
Frankfurter Buchmesse 2019
On Wednesday, October 16, Roger Schonfeld is joining other “chefs” from The Scholarly Kitchen at the SSP Micro-Conference and Business Meeting at the Frankfurter Buchmesse 2019 to discuss “What’s Hot and Cooking in Scholarly and Academic Publishing.” To learn more, please see the SSP website.
About the session
Founded in 2008, The Scholarly Kitchen is read by thousands of publishers, editors, librarians, researchers, and publishing service providers in more than 200 countries each day. In lightning-round format, TSK Chefs will explore what’s in scholarly communications and separate the hype from reality regarding forthcoming industry developments. Join us to hear their insightful perspectives about the latest trends and potential challenges facing scholarly and academic publishers today. Follow TSK online at scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org.
- David Crotty, Executive Editor, The Scholarly Kitchen and Editorial Director, Journals Policy for Oxford University Press
- Angela Cochran, Associate Editor, The Scholarly Kitchen; Managing Director and Publisher at the American Society of Civil Engineers; and President of the Society for Scholarly Publishing
- Todd Carpenter, Executive Director of the National Information Standards Organization (NISO)
- Robert Harington, Associate Executive Director, Publishing at the American Mathematical Society
- Phill Jones, Owner and Principal Consultant, Double L Digital
- Roger Schonfeld, Director of Ithaka S+R’s Library and Scholarly Communication Program
- Monica Hoh, 2019 SSP Fellow and MSLIS Student, School of Information Sciences at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign