College Admissions After Affirmative Action
Catherine Bond Hill on “The Close”
Last week, Catharine Bond Hill, Ithaka S+R’s managing director, sat down with Bloomberg News’ Scarlet Fu on “The Close” to talk about the shifting landscape of college admissions at highly selective institutions in the wake of the Supreme Court decision on affirmative action. In the clip below, Cappy discusses strategies college and universities can take to increase diversity on campus, including increasing need-based aid, revisiting admissions policies that privilege high-income students, and recruiting veterans.
- Alternative Strategies to Support a Diverse Student Body: Affirmative Action at Risk (issue brief) Catharine Bond Hill, Martin Kurzweil, Eugene Tobin, Ithaka S+R, 10 February 2023
- An Alternative Approach to Affirmative Action (op-ed) Catharine Bond Hill, Inside Higher Ed, 9 October 2022
- Equity in the Academic Experience. Shared resources from the American Talent Initiative’s Academic Equity Community of Practice
- Federal Policies for Increasing Socioeconomic Diversity at Selective Colleges and Universities (issue brief) Elizabeth Davidson Pisacreta, Emily Schwartz, Catharine Bond Hill, Martin Kurzweil, Ithaka S+R, 15 March 2021
- Improving Opportunities for Student Veterans blog post series